While trying to mount a samba share under Fedora Core 5, I got this message : “mount: unknown filesystem type ‘smbfs’”
The command I was trying was “mount -t smbfs -o username=user //server/share /mnt/dir”
“smbfs” has been replaced by “cifs”
Now, you need to use : “mount -t cifs -o username=user //server/share /mnt/dir”
Thanks for reading this post!
Did you find an issue in this article?
- click on the following Github link
- log into Github with your account
- click on the line number containing the error
- click on the "..." button
- choose "Reference in new issue"
- add a title and your comment
- click "Submit new issue"
Your feedback is much appreciated! 🤜🏼🤛🏼
You can also drop me a line below!