Packages with rc status are not completely removed from the system, configuration files are still present.
If you have a bunch of rc packages you need to purge, as root, type :
dpkg --list |grep "^rc" | cut -d " " -f 3 | xargs sudo dpkg --purge
Source : http://joysofprogramming.com/remove-packages-marked-rc/
Thanks for reading this post!
Did you find an issue in this article?
- click on the following Github link
- log into Github with your account
- click on the line number containing the error
- click on the "..." button
- choose "Reference in new issue"
- add a title and your comment
- click "Submit new issue"
Your feedback is much appreciated! 🤜🏼🤛🏼
You can also drop me a line below!